TERAVAIL INTRODUCES NEW KESSEL MOUNTAIN BIKE TIRE
March 11, 2019
THE MOST AGGRESSIVE MOUNTAIN BIKE TIRE IN OUR LINEUP.
The Kessel is an aggressive trail, enduro, and downhill tire designed to deliver maximum traction in big, technical terrain. The tread pattern is inspired by the Teravail team’s collective experiences riding loose, rocky, and steep trails where traction is the top priority.
0:00(low intense whirring beat) 0:02(tires rubbing against dirt) 0:11(tire winding) 0:16 (tires rubbing against dirt) 0:24 (birds chirping)
Tall, angular lugs, an open tread pattern, and dual-compound rubber with Teravail’s new Grip compound work together to provide exceptional grip on loose and technical terrain, while the ramped center lugs keep rolling resistance low. Wherever you ride, Kessel offers predictable performance for pushing limits.
To accommodate a variety of mountain bikes and rider preferences, we offer the Kessel in 27.5 x 2.5" as well as 29 x 2.4" and 2.6". Riders have a choice between Teravail’s Durable casing or the new Ultra-Durable casing. Teravail’s 60 TPI Durable casings feature a robust woven nylon composite reinforcement between the outer rubber and the inner casing within the sidewalls to prevent tearing and abrasions and a fine nylon weave under the tread cap to prevent punctures. The 60 TPI Ultra-Durable casing provides everything from our durable construction with an additional ½ ply of 120 TPI for sidewall protection and extra puncture defense in the tread cap plus butyl inserts to further strengthen the sidewalls of the tire. The Kessel is available with a tan sidewall (Durable casing only) or standard black sidewall in both durable and ultra-durable constructions.
Available sizes and constructions:
- 27.5 x 2.5, black sidewall, durable casing. $85 MSRP
- 27.5 x 2.5, tan sidewall, durable casing. $85 MSRP
- 27.5 x 2.5, black sidewall, ultra durable casing. $90 MSRP
- 29 x 2.4, black sidewall, durable casing, $85 MSRP
- 29 x 2.4, tan sidewall, durable casing, $85 MSRP
- 29 x 2.4 black sidewall, ultra-durable casing, $90 MSRP
- 29 x 2.6, black sidewall, durable casing, $85 MSRP
- 29 x 2.6, tan sidewall, durable casing, $85 MSRP
- 29 x 2.6 black sidewall, ultra-durable casing, $90 MSRP